Monday, April 6, 2009

Female Genital Mutilation

It's torture, not culture. A common occurrence not done of free will.


Biking with a backpack on
a heavy backpack on
with the big fur hat and the golden boots

A. Hurts
and B. Is pretty ridiculous-looking.

I'm just lucky my hat didn't fall off
or my head with it.

North Wind.


In Alice Walker's film re: FGM a chicken's head was cut off to symbolize the excision of female
dirty sex organs: Clitoris, Labia Minora, Labia Majora. Sand poured over. One blade for multiple girl-children.
And then sometimes a stitching shut takes place, with enough of a space left for menstrual blood to pass through. Unstitch her for her husband.
If you don't do this you will be no better than a whore, your father will divorce your mother. Every bad daughter is an indication of a bad mother.




The me in here is ridiculous. Me in my Russian Glamour Cowgirl ensemble. I'm mad and I'm lucky.
What is my responsibility to other women and how can I better present these issues?




I couldn't figure out how to hook the air pump to the tire so I left.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Sorry about the pump, I should have helped.

Anonymous said...

You can teach me how to use it when you teach me how to adjust my breaks :D Yaaaay!

-myself