Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bought

new running shoes and a candle last night
at Kohl's. Watched Mad Men and then got on
all sleepy To dream about zombies Again?

Because of where our fascination with zombies comes from.
And also because of the maze of cubicles and what if they all
were infected with something I couldn't escape.

Isn't everyone always fighting
some sort of infection? Almost.
Some sort of inappropriate reaction.

It's not really the fact that we're all infecting each other
all the time it's just the fact that any interaction can end
in such embarrassment for me that lasts and lasts and lasts

Am I really that inept or just too harsh a judge? I feel inappropriate for all situations, most of the time. There are some glowing moments.

3 comments:

sars said...

i too know the lasting embarrassment; i wish i could reflect upon having said something stupid without wanting to self-harm

we're cool

justin ryan fyfe said...

worry warts.

Rebecca said...

Hello Rach, this is Rebeck. I like the way you recount these stories and persons, and especially in real life I remember how you recount them. It is my memory of you like how people call on call phones and their picture shows up on that person's cell phone. You know?

-Rankenbrand

my password to post this is "boutsals"